Good news! North Central State College (NCSC) has developed a way for you to take the Accuplacer remotely in your home. You must contact Casey Kelley in order to schedule a day and time to test. Since this test is offered by NC State, you will work directly with Casey to arrange for testing.
A few things before contacting Ms. Kelley:
1. You MUST have applied online to the NC State CCP program before you are able to test. I believe most you did this prior to putting your name on the Accuplacer sign-up sheet, but here's the link to create an account and complete the CCP application if you still need to do so:
2. You need to take the NextGen Reading test and the Writeplacer (Writing) test. To qualify for CCP, you need to earn at least a 250 score on the Reading test AND/OR at least a 5 on the Writing test. You do not have to take the math portion of the Accuplacer test since we currently do not offer any math CCP classes in our building.
3. The Accuplacer test is FREE the first time you take it. If you do not qualify based on your test scores, you can either pay to re-test or you can work with your counselor to select other classes to take that are non-CCP.
4. If you are no longer interested in taking the Accuplacer test, please let your counselor know.
Below is information from NC State. Feel free to contact Casey ASAP to schedule your test - - - Good luck!
I need to take the Accuplacer test – now what?
Please reach out to Casey Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org to
schedule a test date and time. In your email request, please include your first name, last name and an email
address you can be contacted. Before scheduling an Accuplacer, you must have already applied to NCSC.
Prepare & preview sample tests on the Accuplacer Website (https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students/prepare-for-accuplacer/practice) CCP Students will be offered the following test sections with NCSC: Next Generation Reading, WritePlacer and Advanced Algebra (again, you will only need to take the Next Gen Reading and Writeplacer tests).
What important information do I need to know for taking my Accuplacer test remotely?
Your Scheduled Test Date and Time:
Once you have scheduled your test date and time, you are required to login at that time to take your test.
Instructions for taking your test along with your voucher number will be emailed to you the day before your
test. Testing is scheduled Monday-Friday usually at 9:00am, 10:00am or 2:00pm (subject to availability).
How long does the Accuplacer test take to complete?
If you are taking all three sections (Reading, WritePlacer and Math) the test may last anywhere between 1.5-2
hours. Please note that the Reading and Math sections are not timed, however, the WritePlacer is timed for
Technology and Room Requirements:
You will need to have access to a laptop/computer and access to the internet to complete the Accuplacer
remotely. If you only have access to a Chromebook, please reach out to Casey Kelley at
email@example.com before your scheduled test date as further technology requirements are required.
You can verify that your system meets Accuplacer’s technology requirements here.
• If any part of the system check fails, please make the recommended updates and run the system verification
Please test in a room free of distractions, noise and other individuals. You are allowed to have blank scratch
paper and a pen/pencil. The calculator for your test will appear on the screen.
Once I complete my test, how will I retrieve my scores?
Once you complete your test, you will receive an email from Casey Kelley (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a
copy of your scores and a quick debrief of what they mean.